Salmon mushroom baked risotto
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 x 200g can Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 10 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g risotto rice like Arborio or Carnarol
- 4 cups low salt vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ cup finely chopped flat leaved parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaved parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In large oven proof pan with a lid, on medium high, add the olive oil, butter, onion and mushrooms. Cook gently stirring often until softened and very lightly golden.
- Stir in the garlic, cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add the risotto rice and stir until well coated with oil and butter. Add the stock and liquid from salmon can and bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes until the rice is only just cooked.
- Remove from the oven, stir in the drained salmon, Parmesan and chopped parsley. Replace the lid and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot, scattered with extra shaved Parmesan and chopped parsley.