A nostalgic favourite, the humble potato cake has a place in everyone’s heart. These easy salmon potato broccoli cakes are VERY tasty and only use a third of the potato that you would normally find in a regular potato based fish cake recipes making them lower in carbs. They’re gluten free and make a great family meal too.
Salmon potato broccoli cakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 x 200g can Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained and flaked
- 250g potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250g golden sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ small head broccoli, cut into very small florets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups corn crumbs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaped teaspoon seeded mustard
- vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and half the lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry and cool slightly, then roughly mash. Stir in broccoli, the flaked salmon, and the remaining lemon juice. Season generously. Shape into 8 patties and coat with corn crumbs.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium hot and fry the patties turning once until golden on both sides. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Serve with the seeded mustard mayonnaise, some lemon wedges on the side and a fresh salad