Smoked salmon beetroot fennel risotto
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3 x 95g cans Safcol Premium Smoked Salmon, drained
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 6 cups low salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled and julienne
- 1 small bulb fennel, finely diced
- ¼ packed cup dill,chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan, finely grated
- a few dill fronds
- Parmesan shavings
- Heat the stock to a slow simmer in a small pan. In a shallow saute pan add the oil and diced red onion.
- Cook gently stirring occasionally on a medium heat until soft. Add the arborio rice and stir to thoroughly coat the rice grains. Turn the heat up slightly. Add the wine. Stir until almost fully evaporated. Start adding the hot stock to the rice mixture a ladle at a time, stirring regularly. As the rice absorbs the stock add more.
- After about 10 minutes add the beetroot and fennel. Stir adding stock until the rice is almost fully cooked and the sauce is slightly soupy.
- Stir in the Safcol smoked salmon and the can juices, butter Parmesan and chopped dill. Check the seasoning.
- Turn the heat off. Place the lid on the pan and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes.