Tuna guacamole stacks
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 x 185g can Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 large ripe avocado, deseeded and peeled
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cherry or mini Roma tomatoes finely diced
- juice ½ lime or lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- sour cream
- corn chips or toasted pitta bread
- Line 2 x 10cm ramekins with a double layer of cling film leaving the edges overhanging.
- In a medium bowl, roughly mash the avocado flesh. Stir in the crushed garlic, red onion, tomato, and cumin. Season to taste with lime juice, Tabasco, salt & pepper.
- In a second bowl, combine the tuna and sour cream, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the tuna mixture between the 2 ramekins and pat down firmly. Divide the capsicum between the 2 ramekins. Top each ramekin with the guacamole and tap down to make sure it’s all tightly packed. Cover with the cling film. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day before turning out.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the cling film from the top of the stack and place on the serving dish Guacamole side down, remove the ramekin and peel off the cling film.
- Serve immediately with pita or corn chips, some extra sour cream, and a few coriander leaves.