Tuna tomato fennel caper linguine
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 x 185g can Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 200g of linguine or your favorite pasta
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 punnet of mini Roma or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup fennel bulb, very finely sliced
- ½ cup flat leaved parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta, using the packet instructions for ‘al dente’. Drain and reserve a little of the pasta cooking water.
- In a medium frying pan, on a medium heat, add the olive oil and onions. Gently fry, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and just starting to change colour. Which should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute or until the garlic smells fragrant. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Stir in the fennel and cook for another minute. Then add the tuna and cherry tomatoes. Cook just long enough for the tomatoes to start to collapse. Stir in the warm pasta, chopped parsley and capers. You can add a little of the pasta cooking water, if you need to ‘loosen’ the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between two bowls.
- Serve very hot with a chilled glass of pinot noir or other light red wine.