Delicious risotto without the constant stirring! Our one pot salmon mushroom baked risotto dish is nourishing, easy to prepare and naturally gluten free.
salmon mushroom baked risotto
- 425g can Safcol salmon in spring water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 10 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g risotto rice like Arborio or Carnarol
- 4 cups low salt vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ cup finely chopped flat leaved parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaved parsley
salmon mushroom baked risotto method
Preheat oven to 180oC.
In large oven proof pan with a lid, on medium high, add the olive oil, butter, onion and mushrooms. Cook gently stirring often until softened and very lightly golden. Stir in the garlic, cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add the risotto rice and stir until well coated with oil and butter. Add the stock and liquid from salmon can and bring to the boil. Place the lid on the pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes until the rice is only just cooked. Remove from the oven, stir in the drained salmon, Parmesan and chopped parsley. Replace the lid and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot, scattered with extra shaved Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Serves 4. Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes.