These easy salmon potato broccoli cakes use only a third of the potato you find in a normal potato based fish cakes making them lower in carbs but still VERY tasty. They’re gluten free and make a great family meal too. Give them a try and let us know what you think?
Salmon potato broccoli cakes
- 185g can Safcol salmon in spring water, drained and flaked
- 250g potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250g golden sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ small head broccoli, cut into very small florets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups corn crumbs
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaped teaspoon seeded mustard
- vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges
Salmon potato broccoli cakes method
In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard and half the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill till ready to serve.
Boil the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry and cool slightly, roughly mash. Stir in broccoli, the flaked salmon, and the remaining lemon juice. Season generously. Shape into 8 patties and coat with corn crumbs.
Heat a large frying pan to medium hot and fry the patties turning once till golden on both sides. You may need to cook them in batches.
Serve with the seeded mustard mayo, some lemon wedges on the side and a fresh salad
Serves: 4. Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 25 minutes.