Time spent chopping fresh veggies is well worth the effort for this super quick 5 minute stir-fry that tastes amazing. This salmon veggie sweet potato vermicelli stir-fry is also low carb, gluten free and very cost effective. Easy pleasey!
salmon veggie sweet potato vermicelli stir-fry
- 150g uncooked sweet potato vermicelli (available at all supermarkets and Asian grocers)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
for the stir fry
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 medium carrots, cut in strips
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded, cut in strips
- 1 cup of finely shredded red or white cabbage.
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup snow or sugar snap peas
- 4 spring onions, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 125g can Safcol salmon in springwater, drained
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha chilli sauce (optional)
salmon veggie sweet potato vermicelli stir-fry method
Cook the sweet potato vermicelli following the manufacturers instructions (until slightly underdone) and rinse under cold water, set aside.
In a medium bowl add the eggs and 1 teaspoon of soy. In a small frying pan on a medium hot heat, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and the egg. Swirl the egg around the hot pan and cook until set. Turn out onto a plate and cut into thin strips.
In a large wok on high heat, add the rice bran oil, ginger and garlic, cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the carrot, red capsicum and cabbage, cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the soy, honey and liquid from the can of salmon, plus the sriracha sauce (if using it), then the cooked vermicelli and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the sugar snap peas, spring onions, salmon and chilli sauce (if using it). Cook until the salmon is hot and the peas turn bright green. Just before serving add the bean sprouts and strips of omelette.
Serve hot with extra sriracha chilli sauce.
Serves 2-3. Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes.