Everyone loves pizza night, this smoked salmon chive pitta pizza is a stylish white pizza. Pitta bread brushed with garlic and Tabasco flavoured olive oil , topped with mozzarella cheese, smoked salmon, baked till golden and served scattered with chopped chives and rocket, is just delicious.
smoked salmon chive pitta pizza
- 2 x 95g cans Safcol smoked salmon, drained
- 4 x 18cm whole meal pitta breads
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco (optional)
- 200g grated pizza cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1 x 250g ball mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of washed rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
smoked salmon chive pitta pizza method
Preheat oven to 220oC
In a small bowl stir together 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the crushed garlic. If you like a little spice, add ½ teaspoon of Tabasco to the olive oil as well.
Place the pitta breads on 2 large baking trays lined with baking paper.
Brush each pitta bread generously with the garlic flavored olive oil, scatter with grated cheese and three of slices of mozzarella cheese. Scatter each pitta pizza with half a 95g can of Safcol smoked salmon. Bake in the hot oven for about 12 minutes or until the base is crisp and the cheese and salmon topping is bubbling and just starting to turn golden. Remove from the oven, finish each pitta pizza with a scatter chopped chives and a pile of rocket leaves .
Serves 4. Preparation time 10 minutes. Cooking time 12-15 minutes.