A perfect no cook, well… almost, snack. These smoked salmon red onion caper melts are big on flavor, and they only take 5 minutes to make and a max of 5 minutes to cook! Perfect for a lazy night in.
smoked salmon red onion caper melts
- 1 x 95g can Safcol Smoked salmon, drained
- 1 large ripe tomato, finely sliced
- 4 large fine slices of either provolone cheese or cheddar cheese
- 4 finely slices of red onion, in rings
- 2 teaspoons baby capers, drained
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices of whole grain sourdough bread, lightly toasted
smoked salmon red onion caper melts method
Preheat an overhead grill to medium hot.
On the toast, layer up tomato, drained Safcol smoked salmon and finally the cheese and onion rings.
Grill until the cheese is melted, scatter each slice with capers and a grind of black pepper. Eat while still hot.
Serves 1. Preparation time 5 minutes. Cooking time 5 minutes