Looking for a tasty, meal in 10-15 minutes? Look no further. This tuna pasta with lemon salsa verde is affordable, full of zingy flavours and perfect for a fast mid week meal.
tuna pasta with lemon salsa verde
- 1 185g can or 2 x 95g cans Safcol Tuna in olive oil blend, drained
- 250g of your favourite pasta, we used wheels
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
for the salsa verde
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups packed flat parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
- zest and juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1 large pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- a few parsley leaves
tuna pasta with lemon salsa verde method
Cook the pasta following the pack instructions for ‘al denté’, drain and reserve a little of the cooking water. Place all the ingredients for the salsa verde in a food processor and blitz until you have a fine paste.
In a large frying or sauté pan, on a medium high heat, add the olive oil and sauté the zucchini until just starting to colour.
Stir in the drained Safcol tuna. Add the cooked pasta and stir through the salsa verde. Check the seasoning and serve piping hot, with a few parsley leaves scattered over the dish.
Serves 2. Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 10-15 minutes (depending on pasta cooking time)