The chilli mayonnaise and splash of lemon compliments and highlights the subtle smokiness of the mussels to perfection, making these smoked mussels with tomato chilli mayonnaise a fantastic timing saving hors-d’oeuvre.
Smoked mussels with tomato chilli mayonnaise
- 1 x 85g Safcol Smoked Mussels in Oil , drained
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, chilli or sambal oelek and tomato sauce.
- Drain the mussels and skewer with toothpicks.
To serve dip the mussels in the tomato, chilli mayonnaise, then squeeze with fresh lime juice. Eat as they are or on your favourite biscuits.