Smoked salmon caper pâté
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 x 95g can Safcol Premium Smoked Salmon, drained
- 250g light or low fat cream cheese
- 200g sliced smoked salmon
- 2 dessertspoons of drained and chopped capers
- 2 dessertspoons of finely chopped dill and a few fronds for garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Line a high sided 10-12cm wide bowl with cling wrap. Place a few fronds of dill in the bottom and then line the bowl with smoked salmon slices.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese and stir for until it softens slightly then add the Safcol premium smoked salmon, the remaining smoked salmon finely sliced, the chopped, capers, dill and lemon zest and cayenne pepper. Mix gently so as not to break up the salmon.
- Check the seasoning and season to taste mix again then pour into the bowl lined with smoked salmon slices. Fold over any smoked salmon overhang and the cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve take the cling wrap off the top turn the bowl upside down on a serving plate and use the cling film to gently pull the pate out of the bowl. Take off the rest of the wrap and serve immediately with hot whole grain toast or your favourite biscuits. Serves 8.