With Spanish influences, this pizza is a must try, enjoy the combination of salmon, the mild and slight sweetness of the red onion and the very distinguishable flavour of chorizo, sprinkled with a little (or a lot of) chilli.
Spicy salmon and chorizo pizza
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 x 95g can Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained and flaked
- 2 pre-made 25 – 30cm pizza bases or 2 x 30 fresh pizza dough bases
- 1 smoked chorizo sausage, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- If you’re making the pizza bases, make enough dough to make two 30cm bases, approximately 500g of pizza dough. See Safcol’s basic olive oil pizza dough recipe at The Seafood Experts.
- If your time poor just buy two 25 – 30cm pizza bases.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the tomato paste and garlic. Cover the bases in a thin layer of the tomato mix and top with mozzarella then the chorizo, flaked salmon and chilli flakes and finish with thyme leaves, and salt & pepper. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden, and the bases have crisped up. Serve immediately drizzled with the remaining olive oil and a simple garden salad.