Tuna broccoli spinach mornay
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 x 425g can Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 300g spiral pasta
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g washed baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 50g butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1¼ cup grated tasty cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large pan, cook the pasta for one minute less than the instructions on the pack for al dente, so it’s just a little undercooked, then drain.
- In a deep frying or sauté pan, on a medium heat, cook the onion in butter, stirring occasionally until soft and just changing colour. Sprinkle the flour and stir into the onion & butter, cook for about 30 seconds. Pour in the milk, stirring all the time until smooth and well combined. Bring to a fast simmer, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Stir the spinach into the sauce, until it’s just wilted. Remove from the heat.
- In the pasta cooking pan, fold in the tuna, broccoli florets, sauce, spinach and 1 cup of the grated cheese. Season with plenty of black pepper.
- Pile the mixture into a large ovenproof dish, then top with the remaining cheese and scatter with breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Serve hot.