Tuna egg roll and brown rice stir-fry
for the tuna egg roll
- 1 x 95g can Safcol Yellowfin Tuna Chunks Italian Style in Oil, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- spray olive oil
for the stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon peanut or sunflower oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 spring onions, cut diagonally
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, finely diced or grated
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or ⅔ cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, seeds and membrane removed, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- First make the egg roll. Drain and finely flake the tuna. In a medium bowl, add the eggs, soy sauce and sesame oil, then lightly beat with a fork.
- In a large frying pan, on medium heat, spray a little olive oil. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Swirl the pan to spread the mixture evenly over the base. Sprinkle with the tuna flakes. Allow the egg to start cooking around the edges and occasionally lift the edges away from the bottom of the pan. As soon as the top of the omelette is just set, turn upside down onto a large board covered with a sheet of grease-proof paper. Using the paper as a rolling aid, tuck over one side of the omelette and then roll it into a sausage shape, set aside wrapped in the paper to cool slightly. As soon as its cool enough to handle, cut the tuna roll into 1cm slices and reserve.
- In a large wok, over a high heat, heat sunflower oil. Add carrots, beans and capsicum, then cook through for around 2 minutes, stirring and tossing constantly. Add the ginger, chilli and garlic, cooking for another one minute. Add the cooked rice to the wok, then the sugar-snap peas and spring onions, (leave a few spring onions aside for garnish). Finish by adding the oyster sauce and water to the wok, mixing well. Spoon the stir-fried rice and vegetables into serving plates or bowls and top with slices of the tuna egg roll and the last few slices of spring onion. Serve immediately.
TIP When stir-frying ensure vegetables are cut to a similar size so that they evenly.