The title pretty much sums up this super simple and fresh meal entirely. Our tuna lentil tomato parsley salad makes the most of late summer tomatoes and tasty tuna. It only takes a few minutes to make, is low GI and gluten free. Plus adding these hearty legumes is an inexpensive and tasty way of bulking up a meal.
Tuna lentil tomato parsley salad
- Prep Time
- 1 x 425g can Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 1 x 400g can cooked brown lentils, drained
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, leaves picked and washed
- 6 large basil leaves, torn (optional)
- 1 punnet heirloom cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
for the dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice ½ lemon (or to taste)
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- tuna lentil tomato parsley salad
- On a large platter arrange the tuna, lentils, parsley leaves, tomato halves and sliced red onion.
- In a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Taste and add more lemon if needed, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.