Tunisian Tuna Casse Croute
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 370g can of Safcol tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- Juices and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 fillets of jarred roasted capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp baby capers, drained
- 6 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 baguette, cut in half on a diagonal and split open
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine the harissa, mayonnaise, lemon zest. Spread a little of the harissa mayonnaise on each side of the bread.
- Now add the tuna to the remaining mayonnaise and fold through before adding the cucumber, capsicum, tomato, capers and olives.
- Season to taste. Spread tuna mixture onto bread and top with hard-boiled eggs.