Tuscan tuna puffs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 x 185g can Safcol Tuna in oil Italian style, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crushed canned tomatoes
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry defrosted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In medium bowl mix together the tuna, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, green olives, garlic and basil. Stir to combine and season well.
- Using a small saucer or pastry cutter (10-12cm across) cut 12 pastry circles from the pastry sheets. Using a small saucer or pastry cutter (10-12cm across) cut 12 pastry circles from the pastry sheets.
- Place a heaped dessertspoon of filling in the center of each pastry circle. Brush the edges of the circle with a little water, fold them over and use a fork to crimp the edges. Transfer to the baking tray and repeat with the remaining pastry circles, place each puff about 5 cm apart to allow rising during cooking.
- Brush each puff with a little beaten egg, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve warm as a snack, canapé or easy entrée.