Cheesy potato and smoked salmon pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 or 6
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 2 x 95g cans Safcol Premium Smoked Salmon, drained
- 800g potatoes peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 cup of frozen peas defrosted in warm water
- 1¼ cups of milk
- 1 cup fish or chicken stock
- 100g butter
- 4 large spring onions washed and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or chilli powder (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Boil the potatoes until tender (about 15-20 minutes), drain and mash until smooth with ¼ cup of the milk and 25gr of the butter. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a sauté pan or large frying pan, on a medium-low heat, fry the spring onions in the butter for 1 minute, turn the heat to low, scatter with the flour and stir continually for another 1-2 minutes. Gradually stir in the milk, the stock plus the liquid from the salmon. Turn the heat up slightly and stir until thickened and bubbling.
- Stir in the peas, salmon and cayenne pepper. Check the seasoning and transfer into a large ovenproof pie dish or 6 individual ramekins. Top with the mashed potato, grated cheese and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot, scattered with a few slices of spring onions.