Salmon green olive polenta bites
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 x 95g can Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained flaked.
- ¾ cup of fine polenta
- 3 cups low salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- ⅔ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup green olives, drained and sliced
- ⅓ cup roast red pepper strips, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sour cream
- hot chilli sauce
- Using olive oil, lightly grease a 24 hole muffin pan.
- In a medium pan, on a high heat, bring the stock to the boil, whisk in the polenta. Return to the boil, beating all the time, then turn the heat down to low, add the butter and cook stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Stir in the grated Parmesan, rosemary and ⅔ of both the chopped peppers and sliced olives. Fold in the Safcol salmon and the ground black pepper. Check the seasoning
- Using 2 dessert spoons, divide the hot mixture and fill the 24 muffin pans. Top each polenta bite with a slice of olive and a little piece of red pepper. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge until set or at least 1 hour. 15 minutes before serving, preheat your oven to 200°C. Remove the cling and drizzle the tops of the bites very lightly with olive oil. Bake in the hot oven until lightly crisp and warmed through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream and hot chilli sauce for dipping.