Salmon pesto pea pasta
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 x 200g can Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
- 300g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons good quality basil pesto
- ½ cup torn basil leaves (optional)
- shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Cook the pasta following the pack instructions for al dente.
- In a separate pan on a high heat, drop the frozen peas into boiling water and allow water to come back to the boil. Then add the snow peas, drain as soon as the snow peas turn bright green.
- In the same pan the pasta was cooked in, on a low heat add the olive oil and garlic, heat until the garlic smells fragrant. Add the cooked pasta, peas, Safcol salmon and pesto. Stir until the pasta is coated in pesto and the salmon is warmed through.
- Season to taste and just before serving toss through a few extra basil leaves. Divide into 4 pasta bowls.