Smoked oyster horseradish savouries
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 x 85g can Safcol Smoked Oysters in Oil , drained
- 12 mini pre made vol au vents or small savoury pastry cases
- 1 tablespoon creamed horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- dill fonds
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Brush the top of the precooked vol au vents with beaten egg and bake for 3-4 minutes to refresh them. Allow to cool. Select 12 oysters to use on top of the savouries.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining oysters with the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. In another bowl, add the sour cream, horseradish cream, chopped dill and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using teaspoons place a small amount of the mashed oyster and lemon in the bottom of each vol au vents case. Top with the sour cream mixture. Finish each vol au vent with a whole smoked oyster and a frond of dill. Scatter with a little freshly cracked pepper and serve immediately chilled.