Smoked salmon cucumber canapés
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 x 95g can Safcol Premium Smoked Salmon, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (pick the straightest ones you can)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few extra dill fronds
- a few flakes of salmon
- With a citrus zester (single notch) or otherwise use a sharp knife, cut thin strips of skin off the cucumbers length-ways, at even intervals.
- Cut the partially peeled cucumber into slices about 2.5 to 3 cm thick. Using a melon baller or teaspoon hollow out the centre leaving the base and sides solid.
- In a small bowl, add the drained Safcol smoked salmon (reserve a few flakes for decoration), sour cream and chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using small teaspoons, fill every cucumber canapé with the smoked salmon and sour cream mixture. Top each one with a shard of smoked salmon and little frond of dill. Serve immediately or cover chill serve within 2-3 hours.